Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Six Years


I remember being in our high school auditorium, it was 9th grade. Third period had just started and some kid in our gym class was laughing about how some commercial aircraft just slammed into Manhattan. All I thought right after it happened was, "How could it be this long before something like this happened?" Not aware at the time that this was no accident but more of a 'terrorist attack.' In between class changes, I ended up being the first one to class. Our teacher was already watching CNN live when the second plane hit. Immediately I knew something far greater than a simple accident had occured. Needless to say we did nothing the rest of the day except shake in our boots thinking CDC off Clifton Road was next. Luckily nothing happened since my dad is an employee there.

I'm curious to hear where you were when this event occured. Certain moments such as this, you never really forget where you were or what you were doing.

Its funny how to this day, the phrases terror, terrorist, and terrorism are used on national television more than; love, the, and "Braves win."

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I was in math class. The whole experience was surreal to this day.